We bring you a new recipe that is not difficult to make. It can be served as a starter dish.
It will take approximately 1 hour to make this dish, but it is delicious!
- 250g of desalted cod. Salted cod can also be used, but it should be desalinated by putting it in water for 48 hours, changing the water every 8-10 hours.
- 2 eggs
- 50g of spring onion or garlic, whatever you like best
- 150 ml of water
- 120g of flour
- 8g of yeast
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* First prepare the cod, if you have it crumbled check that it has no spine, play well to detect any possible scratch. Cut it into very small pieces. Then cook it with laurel and extra virgin olive oil. When ready, cut it into small pieces.
* Cut the parsley as thin as possible along with the spring onion - wash them beforehand.
* Sift the flour and yeast
* Add the 2 eggs to the bowl where we have sifted the flour and add the water too, you have to mix everything well until it has no lumps, you can do it with a hand whisk bars, but you do not need to beat, just mix well.
* Add cod, onion, parsley and a pinch of salt, mix everything well again. You already have the dough done. Let stand for 15 minutes
* Now it's time to fry, you can do it in a saucepan, pan or fryer. We prefer to do it in a saucepan because they are completely submerged and you can see how the process is going. The way to incorporate the fritters is as follows:
TIP! Take the mixture with a tablespoon and quickly pour the mixture into the saucepan, pan or fryer, helping you with another spoon. This process has to be done quickly because the dough is quite liquid so that it does not fall out. Fritters have to be completely covered with oil.
* We must put plenty of extra virgin olive oil in the saucepan, oil must be very hot; gradually add the fritters, make 3 - 4 per batch so that the oil does not cool. A test to know that the oil is at its ideal point is to put some dough, if you see that it is fast but does not burn it is right at the point to fry your salt cod fritters
* It is preferable that you take them out with a slotted spoon, so that the maximum of oil is drained and put on a plate with absorbent paper so that they are left with the minimum of fat.
* Serve and eat warm! You can serve them with some aioli or mayonnaise sauce.
We hope you enjoy this Spanish delicious classic dish!