An infallible recipe to surprise your guests and that is easy to make is red peppers stuffed with rice and meat with extra virgin olive oil. And it's also a delicious recipe
Before starting with the recipe, we tell you the utensils you will need to have at hand:
· A flat and oven proof dish where you can put the peppers you are going to stuff.
· Aluminium foil
· And as usual, a frying pan, knife and tweezers suitable for the oven.
Serves 4 persons:
· 4 uniform red peppers
· 250 grs of rice
· 1 garlic clove
· 250 grs of lean pork, cut into small cubes or minced, as you prefer
· 2 ripe tomatoes
· 250 grs of water
· Depending on your taste, you can add basil, oregano, parsley or ground black pepper
· Wash the red peppers well, cut them at the top and empty them well of nerves and seeds, wash the inside too.
· Peel the garlic, remember! You can remove the inside so that it doesn't taste so strong, chop it. Wash the tomatoes, peel and chop them or cut them into very small cubes, as you prefer.
· Put Interoleo extra virgin olive oil in the frying pan, add the chopped garlic and fry, add the lean pork meat, when it is golden, add the tomato and salt to taste and the rest of the condiments you prefer, fry.
· When everything is fried, add the rice, put it in water to wash it and remove the starch, that way the rice won’t stick together. Fry the rice until you see that it loses its white colour. Add the water and do not cover the pan, let it boil until it evaporates.
· While the water in the pan is evaporating and the rice is cooking, put salt on the outside and inside of the peppers, and put a dash of extra virgin olive oil on each pepper on the outside and spread it out.
· Preheat the oven to 180º.
· Cut 4 pieces of aluminium foil where you can wrap a pepper. Add a dash of extra virgin olive oil, salt and other spices if you like.
· When the rice is almost dry, stuff the peppers with what you have cooked in the pan, cover them with their tops and wrap them in the aluminium foil that you have prepared.
· Put the stuffed peppers on the oven tray, add a layer of water at the bottom of the tray, so the peppers will be cooked with a bit of moisture and will be juicier. Leave them in the oven for an hour. After about 40 minutes, turn them over.
· After that time, you will have some tasty red peppers stuffed with rice and meat with extra virgin olive oil.
Now all you have to do is enjoy your meal.