PRAWNS IN GARLIC AND EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
Summer! That time of year when you abuse the excesses of sun, chlorine, sea water... and your diet changes a lot. As a consequence, hair loss occurs. To cope with this it's important to work from within to keep your hair shiny.
Therefore, we bring you a tasty recipe that will help you keep your hair and nails strong, improving their growth and preventing them from breaking easily. The main components of this recipe are extra virgin olive oil and prawns.
Prawns are rich in vitamins B3, B12, D, E and K, are high in protein and minerals, for example, iodine. That’s why they also contribute to metabolism and improve energy levels. Among their many benefits are the antioxidant power against premature aging and their low fat content.
· 600g of prawns (can be fresh or frozen)
· Interoleo Classic extra virgin olive oil
· 4 garlic cloves
· 1 cayenne pepper (this depends on your taste, you can put more if you want))
1. Peel the prawns carefully so you don’t leave any shell pieces. You can also use frozen prawns, which makes preparation much quicker and the recipe will be just as tasty.
2. Place the prawns in a bowl of water, leaving them completely covered. They should rest between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
3. Peel the garlic and cut it into thin slices.
4. Usually a clay pot is used for this recipe, but if you don't have one at home, you can use a frying pan. Add the extra virgin olive oil covering the bottom, add the cayenne peppers and garlic to brown over medium heat
5. Once the garlic and chilli have started to brown, drain the prawns that you had previously soaked, add them to the pan and add 2 or 3 spoonfuls of the liquid they were in. Add salt to taste
6. Turn up the heat to high and let them cook for 2 minutes.
Quick and easy. Now you have a tasty “tapa” ready, you can accompany it with another appetizer, for example: Hummus with extra virgin olive oil.