Today we bring you a very simple recipe that is so yummy! This is the classic recipe that you can have at home at any time to snack or as a side dish.
Hummus is a cooked chickpeas cream. It is a traditional Arabic recipe, which is now very fashionable because it is rich in vegetable proteins, and since it’s very quick to do you can enjoy it anytime. It is ideal for when surprise guests arrive home .
We leave you the recipe for hummus without tahini, which is a paste made from ground sesame seeds and as it isthat is a bit complicated to find, so we will make the recipe without it. We love it! Surely you too.
Ingredients for the Hummus:
- • 1 can of cooked chickpeas
- • 2 tablespoons of Interoleo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- • 1 garlic clove
- • ½ lemon juice
- • Red Paprika
* Pour the chickpeas in a strainer or drainer and wash well under running water until foam no longer comes out. Let them drain well.
* When the chickpeas are already washed and drained, put them in the blender glass or food processor, add the juice of ½ lemon, 2 tablespoons of Interóleo Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the clove of garlic.
Trick: cut the garlic in half (lengthwise) and remove the yolk, which is the innermost part of garlic.
* Blend in until you get a homogeneous paste. Serve in a bowl with a dash of extra virgin olive oil and paprika.
Salt is not usually added to this recipe, since chickpeas already are salty and the lemon and paprika give it a very rich flavor, but if you want you can add a pinch. If you like it to have a slightly more liquid texture you can add a bit of water before blending.
Hummus is great to snack witth vegetable crudités: slices of carrots, red and green peppers, zucchini, etc .... You can also dip with nachos or crackers.
Also it is perfect as a side dish, for example, grilled cod with potatoes confit, gremolata and our hummus.
Hope you enjoy it!